My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, CA, United States

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fashion time!

Goooood Morning!

Today's my midterm day - just finished one and have to study for one more at 11am! AHH Wish me luck!

As the Fashion Director of UCSD's "Fashion Quarterly" Magazine - formerly known as "Secret Scholar", I have the privilege of working with awesome photographers, designers, makeup artists, and hair stylists, models - plus many more! We are in the works of planning our Winter 2010 issue and I'm super excited to make it even better than the last issue! If you are a designer, makeup artist, etc etc and are interested in working with us for the next issue(s), please please email me at chesleycarele05@gmail.com. I want to meet anyone and everyone who is interested in this field, so please feel free to send me a message anytime! (Preferably before December 2009 since I need to coordinate the shoots and all that ;D)

If you haven't heard of UCSD's "Fashion Quarterly" before, please take a look at our past issues:

Spring 2009: http://secretscholar.ucsd.edu/flipbook_sp09/sp09.html
Winter 2009: http://secretscholar.ucsd.edu/flipbook/wi09.html

Can't wait to hear from all you fashionistas!

Looking back at the Spring 2010 Fashion shows, one of my favorite designers is Alexander Wang. For his most recent show, he showcased sportswear, and brought very timeless pieces. I personally love his unique construction of different fabrics and materials. The way he drapes fabric is also one of my favorite things about this designer. It looks very detailed but still very simple at the same time. Take a look at some of the outfits from the show:








Where's Waldo?? ;D



You can see the rest of his collection at: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2010RTW-AWANG?page=1

Also, I just signed up for an account with this cool new fashion site where it lets you showcase your fashion sense, and people comment on it - just like Lookbook.nu. The creator is a UCSD student as well! If you want to sign up, here is an invitation code from Fashion Quarterly: FQMag. Please let me know if you signed up so we can be friends! :)

www.kanvaas.com

That is all I have for now, enjoy your lovely Thursday everyone! Almost the weekend! <33

- Chesley Carele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home