My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, CA, United States

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Motivation, motivation, motivation...

Last night I had a great talk with one of my good friends who danced with me on 220 but moved to LA to work and all that fun stuff! It was so great catching up with her, we talked about her new, AMAZING job, her struggles to get there, and we shared our stresses, obstacles, and the good things that are happening right now. :)

CJ is such an amazing and talented person, and with the way that we were talking, I felt like I was kind of walking on a similar path of hers. I am currently taking the same major she did at UCSD and honestly, I just want to get out of college and do something more creative with my life, just like how she felt. I am getting extremely antsy and I want to explore the world and see what I can offer it. She was in my exact situation right now. But she told me to keep on going and to stay motivated because in the end it will all be worth it. And I truly believe her because of what she has been able to accomplish already! She's been giving me so much advice on how to stay focused in school and how to succeed in the crazy Econ classes that I have to take. She mentioned that we live until we're 70-80 years old (hopefully more!) and almost everyone changes their career path at least once in their lifetime. Even if you majored in something in college does not mean that you are guaranteed to get a job in that specific field. I believe that my major at UCSD (Management Science) will help me gain the tools and knowledge for what I'm really passionate about - fashion. Even though I break down sometimes and stress out with everything that I'm involved in, I feel like everything that I am doing will benefit me in the long run. No one else is doing everything that I am doing, which makes me want to work even harder to reach my career goals and prove people who have doubted me before. Thank you so much for the amazing talk, CJ, love you! :)

Her friend currently works for this amazing designer - Trina Turk. I heard of her before but never really looked at her collections. After seeing her website and her past and recent collections, she is definitely on my top faves list!! Check out some of my favorite looks from her Fall 2009 collection:

First set





Second set



Third set




The styling of these collections are impeccable!!

For more information and collections, check out her site at www.trinaturk.com

Off to study til my brain is fried! Just kidding ;D Have a great night everyone!!

- Chesley Carele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home