My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, CA, United States

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beauty Shoot

Yesterday I had a beauty test shoot with a makeup artist I worked with before, Van Tran, and a photographer who I wanted to work with for the longest time, AJ Garcia. Thankfully we all found a day that worked for all of us! :)

The theme was all just beauty shots - first we started with bare, the "no-makeup" look. Then we went to more natural makeup, added darker eyeshadow and liner, fake eyelashes, but very clean and simple. Next we got into color and experimented with that, and finally went with dark purples, glitter, silver rhinestones, and FUN! :) Haha!

The thing that I love about beauty shots is that it really tests my ability to change my facial expressions. I really have to pay attention to where the light is, take into account the way I angle my face, and at the same time be fierce without moving too much. It definitely was a challenge. :P But we all definitely had such a great time, setting up a studio in Van's house, and enjoying the comfort of being in a house made everything more relaxing and comfortable. We got some great shots and I can't wait to show you!!

Here is a picture that I took of my last look:


Loveee the makeup!! :D

Here's a teaser of the "Bare, no makeup" Look:


I had my interviews for the Stylist and Photographer positions for Fashion Quarterly magazine earlier today! They were really really fun! We definitely have some talented people at UCSD. :) Can't wait for a great year with the new staff! Check out the site for more details and info!
www.fashion-quarterly.com

-Chesley Carele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home